Ms. Lauretta Onochie, one of the president’s media assistants, testified before the Senate Committee on the Independent National Electoral Commission that she is not a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress.
She did, however, acknowledge to being a member of the APC after taking an oath in an Abuja Federal High Court.
She informed the committee that she left the ruling party immediately following the 2019 elections.
Mrs. May Agbamuche, a serving INEC National Commissioner from Delta State, represents Cross River on the INEC board, according to Onochie.
Onochie’s sworn affidavit, dated June 30, 2021, reads as follows:
The Abuja Judicial Division of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory is located in Abuja.
Lauretta Onochie is the plaintiff, and Emeka Ugwuonye is the defendant.
ON THE OTHER HAND, THE PLAINTIFF’S WITNESS STATEMENT ON THE OTHER HAND
I am LAURETTA ONOCHIE, a Nigerian citizen living at 13 Nouakchott Street in Nouakchott. Make an oath in Wuse Zone 1, Abuja, Nigeria, and state the following:
- That I am the Plaintiff in this case by virtue of which | am conversant with the facts of this case.
- That I am an educationist having served as Headmistress of Auntie Margaret
International School, Calabar and Principal of Holy Child Secondary Schcol, Calabar. | have also served as a Lecturer at the Epping Forest College, Essex, United Kinggom.
- That I am also engaged in active politics and a member of Neighbourhood Watch and has also contested the Local Government Elections under the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom. I am also a member of the All Progressives Congress and a volunteer at the Buhari Support Organisation (BSO).
- That I am also a Community Leader end founder of Ndi Anioma of Nigeria (a cultural organization). I am also a mother and grandmother.
5.That the Defendant is a blogger and social commentator whose blogs and commentaries enjoy wide circulation end readership in Nigeria and abroad.
- That as a function of my position, I am at the forefront of the campaign for the girl-child emancipation and women empowerment.
- That as a result of my distinct excellence in my endeavours, I have received several commendations and awards by several individuals and organisations both in Nigeria and abroad.
- That as a part of the Defendant’s blogging and social community activities, the Defendant created and established a Facebook forum or group known as DUE PROCESS ADVOCATES” whose membership is open to all and