The Secretaries to the Governments of All Progressives Congress (APC) States (SGSs) held its 12thQuarterly meeting on Thursday, July 1, 2021,in Nasarawa Luxury Hotel Lafia, hosted by Nasarawa State Government. The Meeting was declared opened by the Governor of Nasarawa State, His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule.
The theme for the 12th Quarterly Meeting was “Setting Enabling Framework for Implementation of PGF Policy Briefs”. The objective of the meeting was to review the status of the Implementation Framework for Promoting Maternal and Child Nutrition in APC controlled States and provides necessary guidelines to enhance the engagement of stakeholders.
In addition, the meeting also reviewed security challenges and note initiatives being implemented by APC States to contain the situation.
Following all the presentations and recognising the commitment of APC as provided in the party manifesto, the meeting resolves as follows:
- APC controlled States would prioritise adequate support for working nursing mothers, including the adoption of six months maternity leave for nursing mothers to enhance Exclusive Breast Feeding (EBF);
- Issues of Maternal and Child Nutrition should be integrated into the Primary Healthcare Delivery Services;
- APC controlled States would strengthen coordination of initiatives to fast tract implementation of Maternal and Child Nutrition programmes with a focus on health, education and agricultural sectors;
- Undertake to strengthen regular processes of information sharing on issues of security management among APC controlled States to facilitate synergy of initiatives and proactive responses;
- Recommend that APC States strengthen the Security Committees at the Local Government Levels and ensure that all stakeholders, especially traditional and religious take more responsibility and are made to be more accountable to government in responding to security challenges;
- To continually mobilise resources for management of security challenges, APC controlled States are enjoined to strengthen the legal framework for the implementation of Security Trust Fund;
- Finally, the meeting noted with strong commendation the renewed offensive by Nigerian Security Agencies against criminal elements across the country. Accordingly, reaffirmed the commitment of APC State governments to continue to work with the Federal Government under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that every part of Nigeria is safe.
3. General Issues
The meeting agreed to continually share information, ideas and knowledge through its quarterly meetings and the PGF Secretariat to promote synergy across the member States and facilitate greater cooperation for sustainable development.
The meeting thanked the Nasarawa State Government for its hospitality throughout our stay.
Barr. Muhammad Ubandoma Aliyu Salihu Moh. Lukman
SGS Nasarawa State Director General, PGF